Library Conference Room
Subfacility of Waterford Township Library
The Library Administration staff authorizes the use of the meeting rooms and maintains the schedule. The policy governs both the use of the Library's Conference Room and the Community Room.
The person signing the application for permission to hold a meeting in the Library shall be held responsible for conforming with the conditions set forth in this policy. Failure to comply may result in the denial of future use applications.
Preference in Scheduling
In all cases of scheduling, the Library or other Township sponsored events have precedence over all other meetings.
Profit and nonprofit groups and organizations whose meetings are cultural, educational and/or for the public betterment are eligible. This tax supported facility may be used only by those groups whose meeting attendance is open without restriction based on race, sex, religious creed or political affiliations.
The use of Library meeting rooms will not be granted for meetings which are politically partisan, commercial or religious in nature. No selling, solicitation or order-taking is permissible during the use of the meeting rooms.
Exceptions may be granted by the Library Director acting for the Township Board if she, or he, deems extenuating circumstances are involved. The Library Director shall reserve the right to refuse applications from ineligible groups.
Library or Township Endorsement
The use of the Library's meeting rooms does not imply endorsement of the beliefs of that group by the Waterford Library staff, the Library Advisory Board or the Waterford Township Board.
Application for Use
Please call the Library Administration staff at 248-618-7681 to check availability before submitting an application. Application forms can be obtained in person from the Library’s Administrative office, by mail or online. An application form must be completed and submitted to the Library's Administrative office for approval no less than 2 weeks and no more than 60 calendar days prior to the date of use.
Reservations shall be canceled by the organization / group at least 24 hours in advance. Any fees shall be refunded by the Library.
Hours of Use
Hours of scheduling shall include the total time involved in the meeting, from the time the organization requires the room for set-up or assembling to the time the room is vacated.
All meetings must coincide with Library staff hours.
- Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 - 4:30 p.m.
All rooms have wireless and wired access capabilities. All fees shall be paid at the time of confirmation of acceptance of application, or at least 1 week in advance. Failure to do so forfeits the reservation.
Exceptions to the Hours of Use or Fees may be granted at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Maximum seating capacity: 12
- Nonprofit groups and organizations: $10/2 hours $5/hour for each additional hour
- For profit organizations: $20/2 hours $10/hour for each additional hour
Responsibilities of Scheduled Groups
The Library will set up all library furniture and equipment needed for use of the Community Room(s). The scheduled group is responsible, at the time application is accepted, for indicating how the room is to be set up and equipment needed. The room used must be left in a clean and orderly condition. Future use will be denied if these duties are not observed.
- Adult supervision (over the age of 21) is required for all youth groups.
- The group must comply with the Fire Regulations.
- The Library facilities all comply with ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements. Any additional special requirements for those attending an organization's meeting are the responsibility of the organization.
- Use of the Library's name and telephone number on any publicity, except as the location of the event, is strictly prohibited.
The person signing the application for permission to hold a meeting in the Library will be billed for any necessary cleaning or repairs in the event of damage to Library property.
Application may be rejected and groups previously granted permission may have permission withdrawn for violation of Library rules or conduct inconsistent with Library rules and regulations.
- The use of an open flame, such as lighted matches, candles, etc., is forbidden.
- Electrical extensions and decorations must be flame proof.
- Decorations such as posters and banners require special permission. No paper lanterns or draped lamps permitted.
- Corridors, hallways and exits must be free of obstructions at all times.
- Maximum capacity numbers in the meeting rooms must be observed.
Food, Drink & Smoking
The Waterford Library is a totally smoke-free building by Township Ordinance. The applying group must so inform all in attendance.
Meals and / or beverages (nonalcoholic only) may be served in Community Room A and / or B only. Beverages (nonalcoholic only) and / or light refreshments may be served in the Conference Room. Set-up and preparation of all refreshments is the responsibility of the scheduled user.
Any cleaning costs resulting from room use will be billed to the person who signed the application for room use.
The Library staff, Advisory Board or Township Board do not assume any liability on groups or individuals attending a meeting in the Library.
The Library or Township is not responsible for any equipment, supplies, materials, clothing or other items brought to the Library or transported to Library property by any group or individual attending a meeting.