Do I have wetland on my property?

The only way the Township can determine if there is wetland present on a parcel is to have a wetland determination done. The Township hires a wetland consultant that does these determinations for us. You may contact Building/Engineering department to see if a determination has been done previously. If a determination has not been made an escrow account must be established to cover the cost of the wetland determination. As of February 2021, the required escrow amounts are $500 for residential parcels and $1,000 for commercial parcels.

After the escrow account is established, the information is sent to the wetland consultant who will flag the site, and prepare a report. You will be sent a copy of the report and a copy will be kept on file in the Township. For more information, please read the Citizen’s Guide to Wetlands (PDF).

Show All Answers

1. When is a building permit required?
2. Who should obtain the permit?
3. How do you schedule inspections?
4. When do I schedule inspections?
5. How do I file a complaint against a builder?
6. Where can I find information on the Zoning Ordinance?
7. When do I need a fill permit?
8. What is a flood zone?
9. Do I have wetland on my property?
10. What is the environmental webpage about?