When do I need a fill permit?

A fill permit is required when you plan to change the grade more than 1 foot. You may obtain a fill permit by completing an application and paying the application fee. A representative of the Engineering Department will come out to the site to make sure that the fill will not create any problems on the neighboring lots. An engineered grading plan may be required. Please download an application on the Permits and Applications page.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have wetland on my property?
2. When is a building permit required?
3. Who should obtain the permit?
4. How do you schedule inspections?
5. When do I schedule inspections?
6. How do I file a complaint against a builder?
7. Where can I find information on the Zoning Ordinance?
8. When do I need a fill permit?
9. What is a flood zone?
10. What is the environmental webpage about?