How do I file a complaint against a builder?

If you are unable to resolve problems with your building contractor, you have 18 months after the Certificate of Occupancy has been issued to file a complaint with the Bureau of Construction Codes in Lansing by calling 517-241-9309. They will send you the required forms or you can download the forms from the DELEG website 

Bring the completed paperwork to the Township Building and Engineering Department. We will make an appointment for an inspector to come to your home to verify your list of complaints. Your complaint package will then be sent back to the bureau to be processed. A mediation hearing is then set up between the builder and yourself with an mediator, who will assist you and your contractor in reaching a satisfactory outcome for both parties.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have wetland on my property?
2. When is a building permit required?
3. Who should obtain the permit?
4. How do you schedule inspections?
5. When do I schedule inspections?
6. How do I file a complaint against a builder?
7. Where can I find information on the Zoning Ordinance?
8. When do I need a fill permit?
9. What is a flood zone?
10. What is the environmental webpage about?