- On the day you are moving out of the home or business, call the billing department to request a final bill at 248-674-2278, option 2.
- We will prepare a final bill and either fax or email it to you, your realtor or the title company. We will need the new owner's name to transfer the bill out of your name and in to theirs.
- You may come in to our office and pay the final bill using certified funds (cash, cashier's check or money order). We will provide a paid receipt to you.
- Take this paid receipt to your closing, and they should not hold any of your funds in escrow to cover your water bill.
- If you have already had your closing, take the receipt to the title company and they will reimburse the difference out of your escrow.
The earliest a final bill can be requested is 24 hours before moving out, customers moving over the weekend can call on Monday for a backdated final bill.