- Township Departments
About the Department
The role of the Assessing Department is the valuation of the 33,092 parcels located in the Township of Waterford. According to the Michigan General Property Tax Laws, P.A. 206 of 1983 as amended, we must discover and value all parcels, both real and personal, which are not exempted by law. This site contains information on:
- Determining a property’s value
- Appealing value at the March Board of Review
- The name of registered owner of property at a particular address (The owner may be an individual or a business)
- A property’s description, assessed value, and taxable value
- Charter Township of Waterford Plat Book, which contains maps of Township parcels (The maps give the location of property designated by specific parcel numbers and a diagram of property configuration)
For digital sketches, go to the Property Gateway through Oakland County.
For non-digital sketches please come into the office during office hours to obtain a copy of the sketch for a fee.
The Assessor is required to appraise, for tax purposes, all real and personal property within the Township. Michigan Statute requires that all property be evaluated annually based on current market conditions. This requires an inspection of each property in the Township.
Representatives of the Waterford Township Assessing Department will be conducting a review of properties. This review will include checking the exterior measurements of all buildings and property improvements and taking current digital photographs.
The purpose of this review is to be certain that Waterford Township’s information regarding your property is complete and accurate. Our department follows the State of Michigan’s recommendation that 20% of a governmental unit be reviewed each year.
Special Assessment Questions
|Types of Questions
||Department or Office
||Oakland County Treasurer's Office
||Waterford Department of Public Works
|Street Lighting Assessment
||Waterford Treasurer's Office
||Waterford Assessing Department (Questions will be emailed to the appropriate Assessing Clerk)
- International Association of Assessing Officers - This is an educational and research association of individuals in the assessment profession
- Michigan Tax Tribunal - State level assessment review and standard setting office
- Statewide Search for Subdivision Plats - This system provides access to digital images, with print capability, of the plats and related documents of land subdivisions in the State of Michigan's plat files